Summer Learning Institute
Explorations in Environmental and Indigenous Cultural Learning: A Three-Day Educator Retreat
The Summer Learning Institute Educator Retreat is a specially designed overnight program for adult educators interested in deepening their understanding of instructional strategies and approaches in place-based, environmental and indigenous cultural education.
Experienced educators, as well as those who are new to the field are sure to gain through this 3-day experience. This retreat is ideal for teachers, outdoor program leaders, post secondary students and any other educator looking for an immersive professional development opportunity.
- Length: 3 days, 2 nights (optional early arrival available)
- Dates: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 – Thursday, August 6, 2020
- Cost: Early Bird $475 until May 8, 2020 & Standard tickets $600 after May 8, 2020
Cost includes all lodging, meals and workshop sessions *Prices do not include applicable fees and tax
- Explore and evaluate a variety of outdoor and environmental instructional approaches and how these can be situated in, with and about place.
- Develop and extend your knowledge of indigenous ways of connecting learning to place.
- Grow personal networks of outdoor and place-based learning practitioners.
More questions? Click here to learn more from our FAQs page.
Download the Summer Learning Institute Retreat Flyer
A Successful Inaugural Summer Learning Institute!
This past July, we were honoured to host an amazing group
of educators from across the province as part of our 1st annual Summer
Learning Institute. For three full days, participants explored place-based
practices and indigenous approaches to learning while connecting with
facilitators and developing a strong sense of community.
Click here for more information on our Educator Learning Workshops
Meet our programming team!
For more information, please contact:
Sign up for our Newsletter today!